Waashkootsi Nanaandawe’iyewigamig Healing Lodge
We provide primary health care through a range of options including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment. Our team includes health professionals, educators and support workers representing both traditional Anishinaabe and contemporary models of care, and uses wholistic health and community development concepts.
This position addresses the nutrition needs of clients, and is responsible for maintaining a clean and comfortable environment for clients and staff. The position is part of the Healing Lodge group and reports to a group lead.
- safe food handling course and significant previous experience working in a food preparation and service facility
- knowledge of food costing and inventory control
- willingness to work flexible hours
- experience working in an Anishinaabe organization and ability to understand and speak Anishinaabemowin a definite asset;
- demonstrated ability to work independently and be an effective team member; excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- valid drivers’ license and own vehicle required; copy of current drivers’ abstract required, willingness and ability to travel if required;
- current criminal/vulnerable persons records check required;
- commitment to ongoing training and professional development relevant to job requirements;
- proof of immunization in compliance with policy requirements is mandatory prior to start of employment;
- positive attitude and capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role model.
- certain duties of the position are physically demanding - therefore, candidates applying for the position will be required to pass a “physical fitness test” as part of the recruitment process.
Salary is competitive and reflects both the responsibilities of the position and conditions of employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, May 18, 2017
Please send resume with covering letter and three references, to:
Casual/Relief Cook Position
P.O. Box 320,
email: [email protected]
fax: (807) 467-8341
phone: (807) 467-2453 ext. 6
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.